Table of Contents
Bigorna - A Toolkit for Orthography Migration Challenges
What is Bigorna?
Bigorna is an open source project which aims to develop tools to help in general orthography migration challenges.
It started motivated by the 1990 Portuguese Language Orthographic Agreement (PLOA 1990), and currently has produced an updated European Portuguese spellchecker dictionary, text converters from pre-1990 to post-1990 Brazilian and European Portuguese, a Portuguese variant classifier and a lexical comparison tool. Currently, all these tools are Unix-only.
- pt2ptao - European Portuguese converter for PLOA 1990.
- br2brao - Brazilian Portuguese converter for PLOA 1990.
- whichPT - Portuguese variant classifier.
- The updated version of the dictionary was later merged with the lastest version of Jspell's Portuguese dictionary, and propagated to other formats as well. All versions can be found in Dicionários.
- lexdiff - Lexical comparison tool.
- Technical Report - A technical report written in November 2009 (PT).
- Bigorna - a toolkit for orthography migration challenges - A paper presented in LREC 2010.